Prof. Chandrika N. Wijeyaratne, Vice Chancellor, University of Colombo, Hon. M .U. M. Ali Sabry, Minister of Justice were among many other scholars, and activists and lawyers at the launching of the volume 1 of the SOUTH ASIA ENVIRONMENTAL LAW REPORT published by Centre for Environmental Justice and Centre for Environmental Law and Policy.
This publication was supported by the Asia Foundation. It has published 8 case reviews with the forward By Hon. Justice Devan Ramachandran from High Court of Kerala, India and backward by Hon.Justice Yasantha Kodagoda, Judge of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka.
1) Centre for Environmental Justice (Guarantee Limited) and Withanage Don Hemantha Ranjith Sisira Kumara v. Minister of Environment, Wildlife, Lands and Land Development & 18 Others CA (Writ) 12/2020 (Sand Mining License Case)
2) Centre for Environmental Justice (Guarantee) Limited v. Conservator General of Forest and 8 Others CA (Writ) 291/2015 (Wilpattu Case)
3) Ravindra Gunawardena Kariyawasam v. Central Environmental Authority and Others SC (FR) 141/2015 (Chunnakam Case) Case Report
4) Withanage Don Hemantha Ranjith Sisira Kumara and Centre for Environmental Justice (Guarantee Limited) v. Central Environmental Authority and Director General of Customs and 5 Others CA (Writ) 303/2019 (Imported Garbage Container Case)
5) Bangladesh Environmental Lawyers Association (BELA) v. The Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Public Works and Others SC (Writ) 6861/2007
6)M.C. Mehta v. Union of India C (Writ) 3727/1985 (Ganga Pollution Case)[Nepal]
7) Advocate Padam Bahadur Shrestha v. The Office of The Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Singhadurbar, Kathmandu and Others Decision no. 10210, NKP, Part 61, Vol. 3 (2018)
8)Ashgar Leghari v. Federation of Pakistan WP 25501/2015 This gives some recent work of the environmental activists, lawyers and judges to reverse the current trend of environmental destruction. The editorial team was lead by Dr.Kokila Konasinghe.